Installed after the point where the belt leaves the head (discharge) pulley and or anywhere on the return side of the belt where it can be cleaned and maintained effectively.
Installed at a positive angle, these belt cleaners would be mounted directly against the head pulley below the normal trajectory path of the material.
Our guidelines for effective belt cleaners are:
- Design for optimum clean with the least amout of pressure.
- Position the blade out of the main flow of the material
- If possible, install the belt cleaners in the main chute or an area that will be easily cleaned and maintained
- Primary blades should be no more than the width of the material being converted
- Engineered and designed to handle "worst case" conditions
- Quick and simple replacement blade change
- Tensioner to maintain tension throughout the life of the blade
ASGCO Secondary Conveyor Belt Cleaners
Belt cleaners remove bulk material product build-up and prevent it from falling off at different points of the conveyor. Points along the return side of the belt can cause various conveyor belt maintenance problems due to carry-back.
Carry back can lead to:
- Excessive buildup and wear on conveyor belt idlers and pulleys.
- Conveyor belt misalignment due to the artificial crown created on the conveyor belt by material carry-back.
- Accumulation of material falling off idlers and structure to the ground or on buildings, vehicles or even people.
- Negative and unsafe work environment.